Funded by the Department of Social Services, sale the Personal Helpers and Mentors program (PHaMs) provides increased opportunities for recovery for people whose lives are impacted by severe mental illnss by helping them to overcome social isolation and increasing their connectedness to community.
The objectives of PHaMS are to ensure that people with mental illness have:
- Improved ability to live as functioning community members
- Confidence to seek assistance to meet needs
- Improved take-up of relevant services
- Timely access to early intervention and prevention assistance
- Targeted assistance across the life course that is customised to maximise help during transition phases.