Parkes – Forbes – Bourke – Cobar.
The Specialist Homelessness Services program is funded by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services.
The overall goal of the Specialist Homelessness Service (SHS) are to ensure better outcomes for vulnerable people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Our services are working to strengthen the capacity of homeless services in our service areas of Forbes, Parkes, Cowra, Grenfell, Peak Hill, Condobolin, Lake Cargelligo, Bourke and Cobar and achieve a better balance of prevention, early intervention and crisis support for our clients.
Due to the Going Home Staying Home (GHSH) reforms and identifying the “gaps in service” in these communities, we are now able to assist young people, single males and females, families and women escaping domestic or family violence in all of the communities that we work in.
We aim to:
- Provide (when available) short term safe secure crisis accommodation for women and children experiencing domestic or family violence
- Assist you in finding safe, crisis and medium term accommodation
- Provide support and referrals to other services who can assist your needs
- Assist you in making applications for housing and private and public rentals
- Provide support and education for individuals and families experiencing family and domestic violence
- Help you develop the skills to maintain independent living
- Provide information and support on issues such as mental health, drug and alcohol, sexual assault, legal matters and violence
- Assist you in maintaining long term accommodation